Welcome to the Guts and Glory Press Page!
Download the full press kit above for a media buffet, or cherry pick from the highlights below.
If you post something about Guts and Glory, please let me know. I like to stay involved with communities about Guts and Glory.
FACTSHEET & METADATA
Guts and Glory
A solo game developer based out of Boise, Idaho.
Steam Community Hub: http://steamcommunity.com/app/537340
July 19th, 2018
Platforms / Operating Systems:
Windows, Mac, Linux
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
Genres / Categories:
Primary: Racing, Action
Secondary: Arcade, Platformer, Physics
Official URL: http://www.hakjak.com/gutsandglory
Steam Store URL: http://store.steampowered.com/app/537340
Can also be found on PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo digital storefronts beginning July 19th, 2018.
All Ages Launch Trailer (Console/Steam v1.0): https://youtu.be/nx3uAIiy2R8
Steam Early Access Trailer (mature): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPl-jdLPi5Y
Kickstarter trailer (mature): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77uEIcjZ-rU
Guts and Glory has been featured by top YouTube Gaming personalities, including PewDiePie, JackSepticEye, H2ODelirious, CoryxKenshin, Annoying Orange and hundreds of other channels around the world, in multiple languages. The game has been shaped largely by input from the YouTube and Steam Communities that formed around it.
Guts and Glory is about ordinary people competing in extraordinary challenges of life and death! Also known as a “survival racing experience,” or “death run” game, players will select from a wide variety of vehicles, including realistic bicycles, poorly built cars, and rocket-powered homemade contraptions. They’ll race to the finish line dodging all sorts of hazards, including sawblade windmills, giant wrecking balls, medieval cannons, and tons of other crazy hazards.
Each vehicle is completely physics-driven, with 100% ragdoll riders, real-time dismemberment, and vehicle damage. This means that every turn, every crash, and every death is unique—and often results in hilarious scenarios! Severed limbs spray blood all over nearby characters and the environment as you struggle to hang on and reach the finish line. Vehicles get dented, smashed and lose parts. Wheels can be popped or just knocked off completely. Determined players on tough tracks will find themselves hobbling across the finish line bloodied, missing limbs, stuck full of arrows, on a smashed vehicle only one hit away from being incapacitated!
- 70+ Official Tracks by HakJak
- 1,000+ Workshop Levels and growing!
- 8 different physics-driven vehicles with dynamic damage and destruction
- 100% ragdoll riders, with real-time dismemberment, blood, gore, bones and guts! (plus option to turn this off... or up!)
- In-Game Level Editor with easy Steam Workshop integration
- 500+ Level Editor Items and variations to build and share your own challenges
- Pedestrian characters to chase down and run over--listen to them scream
- AI Vehicles that can race in traffic patterns or even chase the player!
- Destructible props and environments: smash through windows, fences, etc.
- 40+ Hazards and Special Items: cannons, explosives, wrecking balls, circular saws, poop cannons and more!
- Manual driver ejection--leap for the finish line and shave seconds off your time
- Lots of settings and control customization options.
- The Halls of Glory: a virtual trophy room for your achievements, dedications to G&G Community members, and some Easter Eggs for you to find
- Steam Integration: Leaderboards, Achievements, Workshop, etc.
- Cameos and audio effects by popular YouTubers
- Tons of bizarre content designed by the Guts and Glory Community
- 30+ original soundtracks, all copyright-friendly for YouTube, Twitch, etc.
- And more!
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Jedediah “HakJak” Steen is a solo game developer based out of Boise, Idaho. He started HakJak Productions part-time in 2015, while finishing up college courses, working a full-time job and raising a family. When his first project, Guts and Glory, went viral on YouTube, he took a leap of faith to work on the project full-time. After a successful Kickstarter campaign, signing with publisher tinyBuild, and many updates later, the game is leaving Early Access on Steam, and launching on consoles July 19th, 2018.
When he’s not writing code, creating art, or consuming too much coffee, he can be found spending time with his family of five, spoiling his dogs, enjoying the great Idaho outdoors or, of course, playing video games.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or @hakjakgames on Twitter for special requests.
Thank you for your interest in my first game, Guts and Glory. I hope you enjoyed it! Tag me in your social media posts and articles and I will be sure to share it with my followers and interact with your community. Have a great day!
Download the full PRESS KIT for many more marketing images with transparent backgrounds.